National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR)
Save The Date!
Beyond the Audiology Clinic: Innovations and Possibilities of Connected Health
September 18th - 20th 2013
This year’s NCRAR conference will address telaudiology – a topic that is rapidly increasing in importance and relevance to clinicians and scientists alike.
The meeting will take place over 3 days in Portland, Oregon. In addition to presentations from invited speakers, there will be a poster session for which you can submit an abstract, and an interactive technology exhibit at which the latest innovations in teleaudiology will be demonstrated. The program will also include plenty of time for Q&A and discussion.
As ever, registration will be kept to a minimum (Early registration: $120 for VA employees and students, $180 for all others), and we will be offering scholarships for students and clinicians.
Check back in late April for submission of posters, online registration and scholarship application forms.
Presentation Topic Areas:
• Principles and methods underlying telemedicine
• How teleaudiology fits into the changing healthcare landscape
• Outcomes from established teleaudiology programs in Alaska and Brazil
• State-of-the-art of VA teleaudiology
• Automated hearing testing
• Self-fitting hearing aids
• Tele-Aural Rehabilitation
• Attitudes towards telepractice
• 24/7 Home-based care – the OHSU Living Labs
• Harvey Abrams, Ph.D.
• Terry Chisolm, Ph.D.
• Deborah Ferrari, Ph.D.
• Chad Gladden, Au.D.
• Louise Hickson, Ph.D.
• Jeffrey Kaye, Ph.D.
• John Kokesh, M.D.
• Elizabeth Krupinski, Ph.D.
• Robert Margolis, Ph.D.
• Jerry Northern Ph.D.
For information about previous conferences, click here.