National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR)
Update: Scholarship submission is now closed. Applicants have been notified of their acceptance status.
The NCRAR is pleased to announce that it will award up to five scholarships to practicing audiologists and ten to students enrolled in an Au.D. or Ph.D. program to attend the conference. At least one scholarship will be reserved for a minority individual.
Scholarships will provide up to $1500 in travel funds and conference registration, to be reimbursed after the meeting.
Any practicing audiologist and any student currently enrolled in an Au.D. or Ph.D. program can apply for a scholarship.
- Application for a clinical or student scholarship will require submission of an essay of up to 1200 words explaining what you hope to gain from attending this meeting. If you have experience with tinnitus, whether through clinical care or research, we would like to hear about it in your essay. Note: A lack of experience will not preclude you from receiving a scholarship.
- Scholarship applicants are strongly encouraged to submit a poster for presentation during the poster session. Submission of a poster abstract will be considered when selecting scholarship winners.
- Five scholarships will only be awarded to practicing audiologists and ten to students enrolled in an Au.D. or Ph.D. program.
- At least one scholarship will be awarded to a minority individual.
- VA employees will be given priority.
- The conference organizers will be responsible for selecting the winners. Their decisions are final.
Complete applications must be received by July 17, 2017. You will be informed as to whether you were selected by July 31, 2017. At that time instructions about travel reimbursement will be provided.
To apply for a scholarship, please send a Word document to Dr. Gabrielle Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- City, State
- Email address
- Note if you have VA affiliation
- Category (student or audiologist). Also, please note if you are eligible for a minority scholarship.
- 1,200-word essay
- Whether you plan to submit a poster
- Abstract and title of poster, if applicable
Please contact Dr. Saunders if you have any questions:
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 503.220.8262, x56210