National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR)
2015 NCRAR Conference
The NCRAR hosted its 7th Biennial Conference: “Hearing Loss as a Public Health Concern” on September 16-18, 2015. Over 150 clinicians, researchers, public health leaders, educators, students, and patients, representing over 60 organizations and institutions, gathered to learn, brainstorm, discuss, and collaborate about the public health impacts of hearing loss. With 13 presentations and 31 posters, topics at the conference included the basics of epidemiology and public health, how to advance healthy hearing, leveraging clinical data for public health initiatives, the impacts and economic consequences of acquired hearing loss in the military, and public health in action.
Presentation Topic Areas:
- Foundations and principles of public health
- Interpreting epidemiologic data
- Results of large of public health studies of hearing
- Hearing loss as a determinant of healthy aging
- Living with hearing loss: Personal, family and social factors
- Working towards the development of an audiology outcomes database
- Tracking hearing disability and its associated economic burdens in the VA
- Public health in action
For more information about the conference, contact: email@example.com for the program, or to request a closed-caption DVD of the conference.
Thank you to our generous conference sponsors!