National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR)
NCRAR NIH NIDCD T-35 Summer Research Traineeships
Spend the Summer in Beautiful Portland, Oregon
About the program... Attention Au.D. Students:
- Participate in an intensive 12-week research experience at the National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR) funded by an NIH-NIDCD T35 grant
- Work alongside established clinical scientists on a variety of studies of hearing disorders in adults
- Learn about the process of clinical research in audiology
- Conduct your own research study
- Attend seminars and lectures by outstanding auditory scientists
- Take part in NCRAR laboratory meetings, staff meetings, journal clubs and more
- Share your research experience with other Au.D. students from around the country
Please note: Students in Au.D./Ph.D. programs are not eligible for a T-35 award.
Up to four students will be selected to participate in this program. Students will receive a stipend to defray costs of living expenses in Portland, a Trimet pass for local travel, including travel to and from NCRAR, and funding to attend the AAS meeting in Spring 2017.
To apply to this program students should:
- Read these application instructions.
- Prepare a personal statement (up to two pages) describing why you would like to participate in the program and what you hope to gain from the experience, a CV/Resume, and this application form.
- Request a letter of reference from your Department Chair confirming enrollment in Au.D. program and two or three letters of reference from other faculty members, at least one of whom should also complete this evaluation form.
All of the above should be sent to Gabrielle.firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2016. Decisions on awards will be made by February 1, 2016.
For further information, please contact Dr. Gabrielle Saunders, (503) 220-8262, ext. 56210, Gabrielle.Saunders@va.gov
The National Center for Rehabilitative Auditory Research (NCRAR) is located in Portland (Oregon), which has been variously ranked as North America's best big city, best cycling city, top city for breweries, and a foodie's paradise. It is a city of unmatched natural beauty, and boasts a bustling local scene, interesting museums and gardens, and sumptuous dining -- all effortlessly accessed thanks to its justly-famous public transportation system.